View Single Post
Old 04-07-2005, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark
i would get cylinder #1 misfire codes if cold start, and no warm up at all.

i just replaced the #1 injector, no change.

only other thing i can think of, is MAF, an ignitor issue, or the wiring from the coil connector to the ignitor? AAAARRRRRGH!

everything is fine once car warms up after a few minutes.
I told someone else on this forum after my smog test about the the OBDII monitors resetting every time you cycle the ignition he said I would have failed the smog test.

Some text ripped from endwrench

Early glitches

True early OBD II systems had some problems. For example, the '95 and '96 Legacy, Impreza and SVX versions may exhibit a "not ready" condition during a state I/M program inspection because they reset their readiness code at each engine shut-down.

To boil it down to essentials, it will illuminate the MIL(malfunction indicator lamp) if a system or component fails or deteriorates to the point where emissions could rise to one and one-half times the Federal Test Procedure standards.

From an emissions standpoint, a misfire is about the most dangerous malfunction blah, blah blah i'm tired of typing.

If you don't bother to use the misfire monitor, your SOL! This is a favorite feature of OBD II you can look at misfire counts by cylinder. etc, etc, etc.

Alan, I would say if your getting no CEL, MIL leave it alone. If it's tripping a code, TITTD< acronym

Victor