Old 11-28-2009, 05:48 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Pictures of your car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerFanatic View Post
If an SVX were sold in the same body it has,
-with modern lighting and fixtures, flush hidden seals, flatter wipers, etc...
-the feature set of the 2009 Legacy GT Spec B (memory heated seats, wipers, mirrors, EL gauges, SI-Drive... Bilsteins and aluminum suspension, etc...)
-with STI brakes, and HIDs,
-5EAT/VTD or 6MT/VTD or DCCD.
STI Turbo *or* EZ36 H6/magically an updated version of the EG line H6...

With a replaceable DIN stereo fitment, like Impreza/Forester, and the 3-dial Auto Climate Control like Tribeca, and a sweeping driver-centric cockpit dash design, somewhere between Legacy and Tribeca perhaps... with nice padded vinyl and alcantara trim...

I would be at a Subaru dealer trying to find one in blue with a black roof, or a double-panel glass roof, something like what is fitted to Scion tC, or Mini...
And I'd be there right behind you looking for a pearly one. Though to be honest the front would need quite a bit of updating to have that modern look. Also, if they updated it for today, they'd make it bigger. I hate how big new cars are, but they would.

And I've been thinking how sweet it would be to have a tc-style glass roof to go with the all-glass sides. Wonder how hard it would be to make the top of an existing svx glass... (another prohibitively expensive project I'll probably never have the cash to pour into)