View Single Post
Old 05-27-2002, 11:36 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Beav
[B]I agree. I posted a little story on another thread last week regarding street racing and an accident here on the night before mother's day. Nice that a few moms have something to look forward to each year. The kids involved were friends of my g/f's son. The one girl that survived called her mom from the back seat of the car where it took several hours to extricate her. She'll live, but she won't live the life she could have had it not happened.

my b/f had to extricate the body a friend of his from high school out of a car a few months ago. this kid had just got engaged. an emt, my b/f has seen many accidents caused by stupid people. this kid wasn't stupid, he just slid on the wet roads.

a guy a new from a town over was street racing and the car crashed and caught on fire. there was one kid that was stuck. he screamed for what seemed like hours from the burns. people were running back and forth to the near by store with gallons of milk, trying to get the flames to die down. nobody could get to him. he died in that car all alone because his friend thought that it would be a good idea to race.

i'll be honest, i floor it when the light turns green and there is some hot head next to me.. but i only go to the speed limit or 5 over. especially in areas where there is other cars and people. i don't need the ticket or the heart ache.

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.

Last edited by SHISVX; 05-27-2002 at 11:42 AM.