View Single Post
Old 10-01-2001, 11:39 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Re: Thinking of getting another car - talk me out of it!

Quote:
Originally posted by EveryShadeofBlue
I don't know if I need a reality check or maybe I would be doing a good thing for myself, but I'm thinking of getting another car. A 2001 Cadillac Catera Sport to be exact. It's not a true GM (I'd never own a real GM), but I am very impressed with it. I like the Euro styling, the comfort, and the seeming solidity and quality of it. While I would prefer a Saab 9-3 Viggen, which I can't afford, I am drawn in by the Catera because it is the last year they are making them and there are dramatic discounts as dealers are trying to unload them. Some people are getting them for almost $10,000 under invoice. So, with a $36,000 sticker price, I can probably get one for $27,000. I may be able to afford that, especially with 0% financing.

While I love my SVX and would probably cry if I got rid of it, the uncertainty and unexpected repairs are killing me. In the last year I've replaced: Transmission, both rear bearings, alternator, A/C hose and condensor, and CV axle. My logic would be "wow, I've fixed everything, nothing else can go wrong!" but I've been wrong before on that before and been burned.

I probably just need a good slap in the face, but if anyone is interested in buying a very well maintained SVX with many new parts, let me know! I MAY part with it

Jeff
Catera, the car that zigs -- That was the commercial I heard in europe a while back... Nice car. But how much more can the SVX go wrong? I'd personally get the saab and spend a little more...

I too have spent a ton on tranny, cv, differentials, breaks, and tires. With 90k just came up, I guess more will needed to be spent. I too want a SVX that will not break but so far, it saved my life yesterday and I am happy with it.

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!