View Single Post
Old 12-01-2003, 04:06 PM
Certified Porschephile

Ok. 1st of all, I was agreeing with you. I don't have inclination to start ticketing people in a mall parking lot for being out of the lines. You did correctly understand why we write certain offense and why certain reports can be taken. Good job. All townships/borughs/cities have seperate ordinaces that can supercede state motor code offenses. You need to check with the town you were cited in. On a PA traffic citation you have to check statute or ordinance when filling it out. It could fall under one or another or sometimes both. We also have a full time parking authority that handles most parking issues in the city. They do NOT fall under the police, and they reguarly cite officers personal vehicles. I think it's jealousy or spite personally. But in smaller towns you have officers with idle time and nothing to do. We are far from having that problem so we usually don't have time to write parking tickets. Now on a city/township/borough street, you can be cited for parking incorrectly, to close to corner, etc... As for nj, I was born there in 1970 and moved to PA in 1996, except for the time I spent in Texas (GREAT place!!!!!) with the Air Force. I would never move back to nj of my own accord. I am MUCH happier in PA. There are somethings about nj I would like to see them do in PA, but as PA is a Commonwealth and not a state they seem to be a little slower in advancing some issues. I don't want to get to far off topic. Remember the billboard that used to greet you coming across the Ben Franklin Bridge into Philly a few years back? It said "America Starts Here" meaning Philly and the Declaration of Independence. nj protested and had it taken down. Seems people understood it to mean crossing the Delaware River meant you were entering America. All those people couldn't have been wrong............