View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 01:09 AM

Re: Memory dump of ECU

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZephTheChef View Post
It appears the addresses are represented differently in that file than the other one I have, resulting in some incompatibilities. Specifically, the file I was using refers to 0x8XXX whereas your refers to 0x0XXX, when comparing the same locations.
I believe Phil's file was set up to deal with the direct ROM dump without the 32KB of zero's added. So adress 0x8000 (With 32K) is actually 0x0000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZephTheChef View Post
Also, on a side-note...what the heck was Subaru thinking with the stock maps? They're completely ass-backwards. Very lean, and laughably conservative timing advance as a result. What kind of sporty car runs lean of 12.5 in the powerband?
You need to bear in mind what the values actually represent, AFR - Air to Fuel Ratio.
Ideal Stoichiometric ratio is 14.7 (14.7 parts of air to 1 part of fuel)

The map is aiming for 12.5 in your example, which is 12.5 parts of air to 1 part of fuel. So it's not lean at all, its rich.

As for the Advance timing, it depends on the quality of fuel available as to what it would have been set up for, if your only able to get the equivalent of 91RON in the US instead of the 101RON in Japan, there is a good reason for it being a whole lot more conservative being a USDM vehicle compared to a JDM or EUDM vehicle.

Last edited by Mrdjc; 10-16-2010 at 01:12 AM.