View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 01:43 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Interest in getting together for "something" in the next few months?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastSVX View Post
[B]Who's still around and checking in on these forums on a semi-regular basis?/B]
Crash_Bandit here. Lurking on a regular basis, posting once in a while.

Quote:
Did you happen to see this, but would be better kept in the loop by another method? (Facebook, email, etc???)
Here is best for me. Although this subforum gets so little traffic it probably gets overlooked by a lot of locals.

Quote:
Are you interested in getting together with other SVX owners in California (and beyond?)?
Absolutely. Really look forward to meeting anyone and learning more about this hobby (3 years ago a car was an appliance to me, not a hobby).

Quote:
Do you have ideas for getting together?
As I partly joked on another thread, Redding, CA might make for a good spot. Fairly central location on the west coast. Perfect name compared to the big east coast meetup. I wouldn't be surprised if there are a few good drives in the area. Thunderhill Raceway is about an hours drive away if we ever choose to involve some track time. Lake Shasta and the spectacular Castle Crags are just to the north for picnic opportunities. The longer distance arrivals can take the scenic coastal routes on Hwy 1/101 then take Hwy 36 inland if they have the time. Heck, they could even meetup and caravan in and really distract everyone else on the road.

As a smaller option, a Sac/Bay Area meet would be good too. Something that can be done as a day trip for anyone in the central part of the state. For me that would be a better option until a job opens up and I have a chance to finish up my 92 project car (sooooo close...).

And as a quick personal intro. I bought my first SVX about 3 years ago and quickly understood that if I wanted to keep my cost of ownership down I'd have to learn to work on it. But I'd never done anything beyond an oil change and couldn't risk learning all of this on my only car. So last year I bit the bullet and picked up a project 92 that seemed to come with all the spare parts to make it nice again. After stripping it out to clean several years of rodent nests (ugghh, the smell) and a dead engine, it's nearly there. So this hobby is still new to me.

96 Polo Green - Daily Driver
92 Teal Green - Restoration in progress