View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 08:50 AM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Re: Which SVX would you buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ensteele View Post
Lower miles. You can go through the car and have all of the fixes done and it is as good as the other one. May cost a little more, but you can't add a little maintenance money to the car and have less miles.

Yes, I'd buy both of them.
In YOUR case, yes. But as I said, everyone vote from your own realistic situation. Some people may only be able to afford the list price of the cars and not be able to afford anything beyond that for a long time. The lower mile one may end up being a big risk they can't afford (just ask Dennis ), while the other one, assuming it maybe is being purchased from one of the Tom's, could actually be a better deal for that person.

But yes, for the collector with spare money in the bank, the lower miles is better for them. Espeically if they aren't even going to drive the thing.

Glad to see we are at 50/50, which I suspect is pretty honest with where our membership is at.

Of course that said, buying ANY SVX these days should come with the idea that you may have to pony up some more money at any time for unexpected surprises. The SVX can be a fantastic daily driver, single car you own. But no matter which one you buy, be prepared with the back up cash.

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...