View Single Post
Old 04-17-2005, 04:04 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beav
I'd go for it if I were you. The harnesses I've seen are on their last brittle legs anyway. To tell you the truth, I think there's going to be a market for new engine/transmission harnesses in the next few years.
I aggree. I don't plan on using the old harness when I build the new engine. I don't think the harnesses will just stop working on their own but I think people will bust them into pieces as they start having to pull their manifolds off to replace solenoids and bypass valves (assuming they ever come to accept there is a second bypass valve down there responsible for most of their stalling problems).

Relocating the vacuum solenoids won't just make the installation of the new manifold easier it will make the removal of the old manifold easier too. It'll be easier to get a pair of dikes under there and cut the wires than get your hand around the connectors to unplug them. Might as well cut the vaccum lines too. None of them are any good anymore and the solenoid for the evaporative system is brittle and usually breaks before the hose does.