View Single Post
Old 01-08-2002, 12:53 PM
SVX Black Belt Master

Update . . .

I picked up a 900 amp/8 year (three year free replacement) at AutoZone for $69.95. The 800 amp./7yr. (two year free replacement) DieHard was $76.xx just over three years ago. I'm thinking I got a better deal than at Sears (where you wait, and wait, and wait to get waited on - sheesh! ).

And now! That smell! I had a seized AC idler pulley. It only smelled icky when the defroster was on - we just didn't put that one together. 60 bucks plus belt plus installation. It'll be in tomorrow. While I was there - the elec./fuel system checked out savvy. Put on front pads. The plugs and wheel bearings (which have never been changed - pushing 120K miles) were okay. They didn't feel like I should mess with them. They didn't mention the CV joints and boots - which I suppose is a good thing.

Tires (at 42K) look to have about half their life left - love those Bridgestones - although the tread looks a little deeper on the front, and I'm gonna leave them that way.

I didn't get out of there before becoming $379.xx lighter, but that ain't so tough when you're not making monthly payments.

Another satisfied customer. Ready for our trip to Colorado (and beyond) next month!

Steve
'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>