Thread: Road Trip
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2004, 05:08 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Road Trip

I went up to Syracuse yesterday & returned last night in the '92 SVX (SVXY). It was a road trip for work. The car performed wondefully except for one irritating problem. The passenger side windshield washer nozzles must be clogged since the spray just dribbles out. This wasn't a problem until we got above Cortland, NY. The snow was blowing and the road salt spray from traffic kept coating the windshield. When we arrived I gassed up and cleaned up the car. The headlights had about 3/16" of muck on them.
Unfortunately, the equipment that we tested for work failed miserably.
The most interesting thing that happened occurred in the morning, on route I-81, just above Bingington, NY. We saw an 18-wheeler that had lost his rear axle in the center median. The driver was Ok and out of the truck inspecting the damage. we saw the axle about a 1/4 mile north of the truck.
About 5 miles north of that we saw an SUV overturned in the central median. It must have just happened because people we stopped and running towards it. We could see movement from someone inside it., but couldn't make out too much as the windshield was badly cracked. It hope they were alright.
Both these accidents were on the southbound side and we were northbound so we couldn't stop.

Most of the trip up was done at 80-90 mph. I got about 22 mph at this speed with 2 people + junk in the car.
The Yokohama AVS dB S2 tires performed very well on compacted snow, and virgin parking lot snow in Syracuse. They also were flawless on ice patches encountered on the highways at speed.
Of course , these tires are new, which makes a big difference.
'07 Gray Diamond Pearl Outback XT Ltd..."AH SO"
'05 White Pearl & Silver BAJA Turbo..."AH HA"
'97 Bordeaux Pearl SVX LSi..."SUBYDOO"
'94 White Pearl SVX LSi..."PEARLY"
'92 White Pearl SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."SVXY"
'92 Teal SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."ALCYONE"
'96 Polo Green LSi ... "MIDORI"
'00 Black Dodge VIPER RT-10... "VINNIE"

Engineers do it with precision.
English teachers are novel lovers.

Home: larrysingeriii@comcast.net

SVX FEVER, CATCH IT AT A MEET NEAR YOU !!