Thread: I've had it
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2003, 10:27 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Quote:
Originally posted by SHISVX
i would love to get a beater...right now i work two part time jobs to pay my way through college. i go to a small community college that doesn't offer things on auto mechanics...we do have music class!!(big deal)....i would do it, i don't have the money to pay for extra classes. when i am done with school and working...i will probably do that, i always wanted to. but right now, i am living month by month praying that nothing goes wrong with my car...and as it is going right now, i am almost out of savings..that means i am going to have no money to do anything really soon...so i can't even think about extra classes or second cars...sometimes i just feel like i have fallen into a hole that i am never going to get out of...i love this car to death, and that is why i bought it in the first place...i spent the extra money at the time to get the car that i really fell in love with...and now she is killing me...

thanks for the encouragement, i guess i have to keep her...i really have no other choice...but i don't want to let her go either...

Kelli
Kel,

The name of the game is "knowing when to quit"
With the SVX, since many of use are not 1st owner (some 4th), you don't know who abused your baby. You have to draw a line somewhere though. I say if you sink in twice or more for the price of the car and if the car is only usable about 60% of the year due to the fact that it is in the shop the other 40%, then dump her by all means. Screw the commitment issues. People break up with the S.O.s all the time. People get divorces. Same thing with the car and yourself. If you love the SVX so much, get another one, or two, or in some cases 4 . But remember, at the end of the day, it is a 10 year old car and it will die eventually. Sorry about the morbid thoughts but it is true.

Well, what ever you decide to do, keep her, toss her, we'll be here and you can always talk to us (me).

L
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!