View Single Post
Old 06-30-2002, 06:12 PM
FKA....thndrmtn92svx
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to MNYPNNY Send a message via Yahoo to MNYPNNY
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Anybody who has.....

a Carfax account want to check out a VIN for me?
It's JF1 CX3536 NH102110

It's a '92 pearlie I saw for sale here in Grand Junction. I called the guy tonight and he was a real jerk. It has a bit over 86K on it, the interior's rough, the antenna doesn't retract all the way, and that's just the exterior details. He claims that he's the original owner, but he didn't seem to know anything about the car. Said that the tranny was just fine, but didn't know about the inherent problems. Said that he'd been hit in the rear and had repaired it himself. No spoiler and he said that spoilers weren't available until '93. Claimed the only thing that was needed on it was new struts. I told him that he was wrong about the spoiler and he said, "Well if you're such an expert on the car and want to argue with me, then why don't you just buy it?"
I sure as hell wouldn't pay him $5K for it without driving it to see if there are other problems!!!
I am interested, but I'd like to know more about the car first. Can't stop at just one, but I'd like to know that I'm not gonna have to spend a fortune on it just after buying it.

~~Michelle

'92 LS-L - copper - 190K miles
'94 LS-L - pearlie - 92K miles

*still have '92 parts*