View Single Post
Old 04-25-2006, 01:37 PM
Green1995SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by subeman90
I had this happen to me once in your neck of the woods... I bought a beetle (1970) out there and wanted to do the title work before I brought it back to Lancaster co. I had to tow the car from where it was on a dolly (seagertown area) to my ex-inlaws place. A few weekends later I was going to change the title and when I called them about it (some notary in the plaza by the KFC) they said I had to bring it in....I said "you mean I have to tow the damn thing back to m-ville just so you can see it?" Yep! OR you can take a traceing of the vin into them and that is supposidly good enough. (you know kinda like where you put a credit card on a table and put a piece of paper over it and lightly scratch a pencil over it) FYI, a pic of the vin plate is not good enough either.

I have the ultimate solution though now....IF you have an inspection license (or a friend) all they have to do is verify it and sign a paper for you. All I do now is take a title into a notary and when they ask to see the car I just whip out the inspection license and tell them...its all good.

You know i hear that Maryland sucks really bad too.
Funny, I deal with the same notary office! I ended up going the inspection mechanic route. I've got a buddy with an inspection license who will take care of stuff for me.

Mike