Thread: oil leak
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 08:05 PM

Re: oil leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_pilot View Post
Lucas is great stuff, no doubt. I've been using it in my oil as well for almost a year. However it is a bandaid fix. Your motor is in no better condition than it was before you added the Lucas, you've just plugged the holes. Nothing is fixed, it's just been made liveable.
No doubt, adding Lucas and switching away from the synthetic is not going to repair degrading rubber, but if it just a matter of a little oil seeping out of the valve covers and such, why go through all the trouble of replacing them? The problem is oil leakage, the Lucas was a real and easy cure.

Well…. I guess there are 2 kinds of cars. There are cars that are tools and cars that are toys. A car that is used daily and you rely on it for transportation to work and back and such. Or a car that is an ongoing project of passion that can sit for days unused.
Right now I need my car every day and do not have time to pull it apart, it is a necessary tool. Once spring rolls around and I get my motorcycle back on the road, the SVX will be sitting for 6 months and I will have lots of time to toy with it. Until then, this Lucas stuff is my cure.