View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 11:03 AM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Re: So Cal meet is ON!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedForSpeed View Post
I can't see FHI sending that car anywhere BUT TO A MUSEUM. Naturally FHI would want money, especially if only a couple hundred could view it for a period of what, two days?, and at the risk of no security?, why risk a company treasure?

What if the car was shown in the lobby of the Pete, viewed by thousands? What about returning the concept to LA? Hey, it wasn't shown in New York or Detroit to my knowledge.

The Return on that basis could be huge for FHI. The car isn't bringing any interest to Subaru, sitting in storage.

A cool Chrysler concept sits in the Pete lobby today, as cool as it is, it's old and lacks relevance
My thinking exactly.

There's a huge difference between sending a company treasure across the ocean for a 3 day private event where a couple hundred people will see it, tops - versus it being prominently displayed at a world famous museum for an extended period of time with tons of exposure for the company, not to mention all the built in security and procedures of a musuem. The prototype would be among the lesser valuable treasures on display there.

Our company just came out with a new slogan today: "Rethink Possible"

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...