View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 01:21 AM
One teal and One yellow

Re: Cash for clunkers...the final installment perhaps

Wow, that Volvo is still very nice in that video. The engine was crying. Why would they kill the nice cars like that or instead of exporting/selling them to the poor countries?

PS: Did that Volvo have any engine oil in that when they killed it? The engine still sounded nice in the video!

My other cars are not eligible for this program except for the svxi. Unless I have a pos like 1980s' with rusty body and smoking engine, I will trade for a 2010 prius and it will be at least 30mpg better than the old one. The program may be good to someone or help pushing up some car sales. But, some people may have just seen the money and using it wrong. They should rethink what are the criteria for this program imo.

I think John's calculation may vary depending on case, it also does not consider of some other variations such as new cars are safer, also better for environment(emission test), and definitely less repair fees, save time, save worries with new car warranty and etc. But a new car if it isn't paid full, it also needs full comprehensive insurance (more money to operate), higher property taxes yearly. It all depends on what you can afford and what you need.

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05