View Single Post
Old 01-17-2008, 02:34 PM
206,000 miles on 1 air filter

Send a message via AIM to nonSTOP_service
Interesting Experience

Here's a good heart warmer for you guys;

2 days ago, 3 pm. I swung by the local mall to hit up the arcade, I loves me some digital SVX yo. Anyways, while I was playing, a young boy (probably about 11 or 12) and his older brother (15ish) started watching me. I could hear them commenting about how "That's just like the one outside, I bet he drives it!" So I finish up my takedown (I lead the local T.A. boards... with an SVX) and these two kids start bombarding me with questions. A guy, who I assumed was their father finally came around and quelled their excitement, after which he began explaining what was going on.

He drives a 02 WRX, his kids love it, and his youngest sees my SVX every time they come to the mall. Apparently he really likes the car and wants to see teh engine. He was quite the gear head, his father didn't believe him that it was a flat six.

Of course I was happy to show the car to them. The kids were nothing short of ecstatic, and the father was rather impressed with the car, even more so when he saw my odometer. I made him feel pretty confident in his car choice. He explained his wife was rather put off by the idea of a foreign machine.

It gets better, after I explained to him just what kind of car the SVX is, the price I got mine for, the price of a good low miles SVX, and describing the great community (that's you guys) he was definitely interested. Apparently Alcyone has guided another person in her direction. Has anyone else noticed that the overall popularity of the SVX has increased sharply within the last couple of months?

Anyways, I thought you'd all like to know that an SVX made some kid's day, and impressed another Subbie owner.

Also for any of you who are Wangan savy, I hooked the kids up with a 600/B SVX discard. They were pretty happy.

1992 Subaru SVX LS-L Scratched Silver Metallic
213,000mi

"Hey what's that green power light mean?"
"It means we're beating that Porsche."
"What Porsche?"
"Look behind us."
"....Nice..."
- actual conversation