Thread: Road Kill
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2001, 09:19 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
Mole

< here comes a little black MOLE running back into the garage from the car!>

Gee Jerry, I've heard about the mole in the FBI...

.....but the mole in the SVX is a new one to me!

----------
Jean has hit two deer with her Suzuki Swift GT (we no longer own), each time the deer walked away and left about $300-400 in fender/headlight repair.

I hit one with MY Swift GT (still own), same result.

Last winter Jean nailed a young doe with her Impreza, when the deer jumped off an embankment in front of her. Bambi didn't survive that one. Just a few hundred dollars repair on that one.

We hit so many deer because we drive slowly and cautiously through deer-heavy areas on the mountains. This enables the deer to hear us coming, contact all their friends, and get as many into the road to play "chicken" as possible. None of the local leadfoot 4X4 drivers that I know have ever hit a deer.......I guess the roar of those straightpipes coming down the road scares the deer-do out of them. Every time I try to cross White Oak Mountain at night, you would think it was a game of "name that animal". Every citizen of the forest seems hell-bent in running across the road in front of me. I have to say though, that the two bobcats that I have come upon over the years, were the most interesting!

Don
1 wife ("She, who must be obeyed..")

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"