Thread: SVX longevity
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2005, 01:39 PM
shiftin' an automatic

Send a message via AIM to EddieSVX
92 LS-L. Currently 85500 miles.

- Tranny rebuilt, front axles replaced, powersteering pump seal fixed, and driver side power window switch/window rubber stopper replaced, all at around 75000 miles.

- Original front rotors warped, replaced all 4 corners with aftermarket at around 84000 miles.

- Oil disptick 'o' ring worn, making the dipstick popout randomly (that sounds perverted). Put new 'o' ring at around 85000 miles.

That's about it for "major issues". Okay, so most weren't really major.

By the way, the tranny wasn't slipping before the rebuild, it was just having issues going into reverse and sometimes it would "flare" during shifts. The gears, etc, were in great shape when they opened her up for the rebuild. The 4EAT is actually a very strong transmission, it just tends to run hotter than most and its casing design isn't optimal for heat decipation. This can lead to premature wear and/or failure of internal components. I thought I'd mention this because dispite having to be rebuilt, I was amazed about how great of shape the items that matter were.
'92 SVX LS-L (For Sale! Info and link to pics... ) #9536 blt. 4/92 (late boomer '92)
'01 Audi S4 (2.7L Twin Turbo - 6MT)