View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 09:59 PM
look like a leprechaun to me

Re: Amp mount options...under the seat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RojoRocket View Post
Sorry, but no pics were taken. The amp fit in the hollow at the rear of the trunk space, just below the panel for tail-light access. The plastic panel supported it adequately when secured at all 4 points. The amp was a Sony 2502x iirc and measured 8" X 11". I was pleased and surprised to lose no space in the trunk!! Much better than my current Diamond 4chan laying on the trunk floor, soon to be secured to back of pass rear seat. It's a challenge to make space in a car that you pretty much "wear", rather than sit in.

Glenn
I checked it out, I see the space you're talking about...but the plastic panels for my trunk have seen better days None of them really fit together right anymore...I think the weight of the amp on it may cause it to sag. I might look into this regardless once I have the amp here and can test-fit it in spots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikedjuggalo View Post
After removing both seats I feel a small amp could fit with no problem underneath the passenger seat. The only issue I see is running wires. The passenger side has a computer underneath it I believe(can't remember what it is atm). I need to mount my amp on the side wall but I'm lazy.
I'm not sure how the wiring part will play out either. I'm only looking at amplifiers that have ALL wiring connections on one side, for simplicity. I'll know more once I'm able to look at it more closely. I'd be interested to know what computer / module is under there, if you ever figured it out...I guess I'll find out once I start taking stuff apart to get this in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by intellibomb View Post
you said you are not trying to put in a sub...

when i put in an amp i had it hooked onto the sub box...
I've done this before too...makes for a nice easy installation, no permanent car modification required. The only problem is, this also makes it easy for thieves...although the only way they'd see it is if they actually saw in your trunk. But yeah, trying to go sub-free in this car for now (may change my mind later).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoughSilver92 View Post
I know you said you didn't want to use the seat back, but if you do decide to break down and do that, possibly on the small side so you can still use the large side for long items, there is a method I would recommend. Go to a hardware store (I got mine from Lowes) and pick up a pack of screws with plastic anchors. Mark your holes and drill them out to the recommended size, insert the plastic anchors, screw your amp down. I used this method in my Saturn and it was rock solid. I was hit very hard in this car (totaled the car) and the amp was still mounted as solid as when I first mounted it.
That's a great idea, hadn't thought to use those. Will keep in mind if I do end up using the seat back.

Thanks for the input everyone, keep it coming I'll be sure to update with pics and stuff once (if) I get this done they way I'm imagining it.