View Single Post
Old 06-15-2008, 11:45 AM
95 Laguna Blue 5 Speed
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via AIM to jokethis89
Question 5 mt wiring questions....

I am finishing up a five speed swap in my '95 (with a '98 Legacy Outback trans,) and i have been referencing Tom's write-up (which has been very helpful, especially the pics as I bought what I thought was a small-car cross member that ended up with mount holes in mid-air next to nothing...) and I have some questions with the wiring.

1. Speed Sensor: Theres a plug coming through the firewall on the pass. side that plugged into the A/T right behind the bellhousing with 3 wires (yellow/orange, purple/white, orange/yellow,) and 3 wires coming off the pass side of the M/T that are green/black, red/black, black/red. Are those the correct wires and if so in what order do i connect them?

2. Reverse: There is a sensor where the shifter linkage goes into the M/T that i would imagine is the reverse sensor.. the wires are both black coming off the M/T but after the plug (from the Legacy) the wires are green/black and black/red, and if they are reverse wires where do they go in the auto harness?

3. ?? There are two more wires coming off the M/T just forward of the Reverse?? sensor that are both red/yellow on the M/T and then tan/yellow and black/yellow after the Legacy plug. What are those and do i need them/where do they go?

4. Neutral safety Switch: In toms write-up he says to connect the top switch from the clutch to the blue/white and black/yellow wire in the A/T harness which makes perfect sense.. if i could find a blue/white wire in the A/T harness, i could only find a solid blue wire, but it was beside a black/yellow one so i guess its the right one?

Thanks for everyone's help, this forum is the best if i have ever wondered something about the SVX its been on here!