Old 04-29-2001, 04:36 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Thumbs up SVX Network News

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

I agree, Jerry. 25.00 is a reasonable contribution to be considered a "member." I believe SCOA's dues are on the same par. Which brings up another point -- I've been considering joining SCOA for quite some time. I've just been kinda putting it off, waiting to see what happens with the SVX organization. Are there any members of SCOA on this board, and, what does one get with their membership?

Among the things that Bill has listed, I believe membership dues should also go to helping maintain this website as the "official" communication device of the "Network." Although the generous contributions of those who've put so much into it are appreciated, again, we can't expect them to carry the brunt of the expense indefinitely. I don't know if a "Network Store," "Home Page" and other elements will attached to, lead to, or become a part of these "forums" but, I suppose that will be a consideration in the future.

We had spoken about putting the cart before the horse before -- first of all, we have to have one of each before we can actually put them in correct order. Right now, we're merely shopping around the livery stable and saying "that horse is nice . . . that cart is nice . . ." Let's find us the horse and the cart we want and put them in order.
Aredubjay,
A couple of good points. Most clubs host meetings, events, do shows, publish magazines and so on. All of these contribute to the life of the club, and most have a cost. My original comment re cart and horse was just to make the point that there is a relationship between the cost of what is supplied, and the amount and resource the club is providing for the members.

It is perfectly feasable to start the club at the level of fees most consider reasonable, and then dispense resource at the level that suits for current membership numbers. In this respect, I think it is very important that some percentage or set amount of the fees be diverted to support the work that has already been done by the people who have devised this website. I am in awe of what they have achieved.

Joe