Thread: Greetings
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2001, 12:36 AM
Making tires round, Six now :)

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

Ah, my memory isn't as think as I bad it was. Yes, that was an excellent day. I enjoyed it immensely.

As far as the tranny temp gauge is concerned, I won't install one. I'm paranoid enough as it is.
I could not drive without a tranny temperature gauge. I have to know what it is doing. Yes it makes me paranoid!

I installed a 16,000 pound tranny cooler back in the spring and I thought, Oh boy this great! I bypassed the radiator and the temperatures looked great! It was great until it got HOT out! The temperature got hot way to fast. Not enough of a heat sink. Then I moved the cooler to in front of the ac condensor on the driver side. This where the engine coolant flows out of the radiator. I hooked the radiator back up in series after the cooler. I also reversed the flow through the radiator.

This seems to be working well. Cleaning the road dirt out of the radiator probably helped also. On the highway? no problem. With 100F air it runs around 180F. What I find amazing is that there on a short steep hill I go up everyday, the temperature rises AFTER the top of the hill. It is about a half mile long. Conclusion? Change the fluid often or hopefully a transmission modification (valve body) will fix it. Hay! You had that done on your car.