View Single Post
Old 04-04-2006, 04:53 PM
Bipa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrophil
Everything is plagerism. Everything.

Bipa.

I crown thee "Queen Enlightenment" until I can think of a better title. You are the most informed person I know. It's incredible, you don't even live here, and you know more about what is going on in the United States than all of us combined. Incredible. Now neither one of us believe that crackpot lady down in Texas was raped by Bush, but you didn't write it. How did you know that thread was there?

Will you chair my new furious party?
Yeah, well, I like to think of plagiarism as a dying art form. But practice makes perfect, so I just keep at it and hope nobody notices

Oh, my.... I've attained Queendom? How does that role fit into a new democratic political party that is trying to ensure that the flag of the United States of America is able to keep proudly waving, and that the (former) Republic for which it stands, with a government supposedly of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth?

(how's that for artistic plagiarism? feeling quite cheecky tonight!)

As for how I know so much about what's going on, Hubby is away in Czech Republic until end of the week so I got time to indulge in lots of reading. He comes home for the weekend, then he's off to Tashkent, Uzbekistan, until Easter.

I can only spend so much time preparing my lesson plans on Direct and Indirect Speech and Passive and Active Verbs before I start to zonk out. That's when I hit the internet and newspapers from all over the world. At least I'm done with Simple Past Progressive and Past Progressive Perfect verbs. (if you don't know what those are, don't be surprised... few native English speakers ever really learn this grammar stuff the way ESL folks do. Let me know if I should start a new "Grammar" thread . Pop Quiz anyone? )

BTW, I think this is the original source of that anti-Clinton list: (interesting beginning, eh? Unfortunately he never refers to Bush negatively again, and goes on to bash Clinton, going right back to when Clinton was 7 years old. Wow!)

WHAT YOU WON'T FIND IN THE CLINTON MUSEUM AND LIBRARY
by Sam Smith

BILL CLINTON AND GEORGE BUSH are the two most corrupt individuals to have occupied the White House in modern times. While Bush has clearly proved more venal and deadly and far more destructive of the American republic, it is a fair reading of history to say that Clinton was the warm up band for George Bush....

more