Thread: AC Leak
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 06:14 AM

Registered SVX
Re: AC Leak

Taken from an answer given to me by Tapani
The drier numbers I don't have, but from memory they are 9,8x1,85mm (outer diam x thickness).
You can also get a kit from Auto Zone , or I imagine other Auto parts stores, for about $5.00 that has 8 or 10 different sizes.

Subaru has them in stock $1.85 each. Remove the old one and take it in. I can imagine they are the same across the Japanese market, Honda ! Toyota, Nissan etc. . If you take it to their parts dept they should be able to match it. It will be light green. Apply a small amount of AC compatable grease to it when installing it.
My garage only charged me $99.00 for the repair ,checking and parts,evac. Dye. and gas charging and rechecing for leakes with sniffer and UV light.
If you buy the gas with charging unit, + one additional can it will run u about $16.00 a 12 oz can and $20.00 for the gage unit. Takes 18 oz. You didn't say what year the car was. Or what gas it has. This is all based on 134a not the old 12
Reason I know I did it myself the first time and bought all the stuff to save a $ . It leaked and then had it done professionally and he will fix it free if it leakes within 60 days.

Last edited by Conn SVX; 06-13-2012 at 06:46 AM.