View Single Post
Old 04-19-2005, 08:00 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob
I don't think we had any working struts this past weekend. We now have one (the wrong side on a rear as that was the first one I came to today while putting the cut springs in). I'm thinking the opposite. Higher rear pressure lower front. We started our runs with 36 and 33 this past weekend with very little problem except for one turn where I always kept turning the wheel too much. We want the rear to come around a bit and the higher the pressure in my understanding the quicker that will happen as you don't have as much tread on the ground. Am I missing something? T.P. and suspension have always been my downfall. Put me in a car and I'll go faster than most others in it but the set up is not my strongest suit yet. That's why of course I figured I could build a sort a prepared car.

As for the front bar. Of course it does something. Adds weight to an already heavy front end!!!

Ben,
Okay, are you running AWD now or just rear wheel. The higher front pressure will reduce the amount of understeer. A larger rear bar will help the back end come around faster, as will stiffer rear springs and/or shocks.
-Bill
p.s. check out the attached WORD document for some general rules of thumb
Attached Files
File Type: doc Suspension Fact Sheet.doc (20.5 KB, 111 views)

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker

Last edited by SVXRide; 04-19-2005 at 09:09 PM.