View Single Post
Old 04-19-2005, 01:14 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob
Stock my a$$ . Get much closer to those mini's I'm sure someone will be looking over your back putting the tires on. You'll need to enclosed trailer it in and only let it out to run. . So does the rear bar now allow your rear to break a little more? I'm actually thinking about ditching our front bar to see what that does.

Ben,
I'll be happy if I can get to within 2 seconds (consistently) of the Minis -- Brian Garfield has a "sponsored" '05 Mini and usually runs away with the class - he just happened to be down at the National event in Atlanta this weekend, so Ron and Kenny stepped up in their Celicas (they passed on Atlanta). I'm still not sure why the SCCA allowed the '05 Mini to stay in GS with the new addition of its LSD...
Yeah, the rear bar does add a little flexibility to attacking the course Right now, it feels like the Konis are making the most difference (seeing as how I previously only had one working stock strut ). Given how wimpy the stock front bar is, I don't think I'd even bother trying to take it off - better to just up the front tire pressure (go about 10psi higher than the back tires - say, upwards of 48 psi).
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker