View Single Post
Old 06-08-2008, 12:21 PM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarJohnny View Post
I can't wait to see the final product, Jerry! I love your lack of fear when trying something new. I had an '80 Plymouth Horizon with the 1.7 VW engine and 4spd tranny. Might I suggest replacing the stock joke of an aircleaner with an open element filter and opening the exhaust with a 1.5" custom from the headers back. I could get rubber in the first 3 gears and could pull 6000 rpm's in 4th gear. Factory redline was a measly 5600 IIRC and since the speedo topped at 85 mph (claimed top speed for factory was only 86mph by one of the car mags at the time) but with that tranny, 4th gear worked out to 20mph for every grand on the tach. Worked out to just shy of 120mph on mine. I onced raced a charger 2.2 when I had 3 buddies in the car with me and I smoked him. Boy was that guy pissed...LOL. I also put KYB high pressure gas shocks on all corners and man could that car take jumps after that! Would have made an awesome rally car. Stayed balanced in the air and always landed like a cat on all 4 wheels. My God, your little TC3 brings back so many good memories...thanks!

I was poking around your photobucket and saw you were putting an SVX front suspension in a '30 Willy's. ROFL! I can't wait to see that job as it progresses. That's some awesome stuff!!

~Johnny
Too hot to work outside today so I dug out a 'Blast from MY past'.
I have been neglecting an ol friend. He's been in storage for about 10 years.

61 Ford ragtop I drove in High school. (The 35th class reunion was last year!) It needs some bodywork after the 300K of playing. Interior looks like I load it with kids and dogs and drive to the river. ( Cause that's what I did)
The old 352 turned over today, but the battery was too weak to light it off. I'll go back out this evening and try again. (Pics heading for the bucket.)

It's 95 degrees in the shade today!! all the projects are sitting in the SUN!

The Willys has the SVX front end welded in now, I have to work out the strut problem in a way that the front fenders fit. I will be using the SVX rear too. I can build perches and bolt it in though. All measurements look like it will go right in!

Scott has a lot of ideas for the TC3. I'm sure that the exhaust and air cleaner will be gone soon. They were the first things that left his S-10.
Thanks for the kind words.

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry