View Single Post
Old 05-01-2001, 07:57 AM
Lowered SVX

my car ran great

it did actually run good but i had recently had a throttle body and valve cleaning. for a week after that my exhaust tips were covered in black soot and every now then when i cranked the car a cloud of grey/black smoke filled the air. anyone who has not done this needs to. also are you always putting in premium gas? beyond that if your transmission is in good condition the car should be great. i just have a k&n drop in filter and my custom bent true-dual which really helped me in top end speed. i think it allowed the car to stay in third longer. i really have not done much to the motor beyond regular maintenance. weighed my car at the track though and it weighed 3485, mine is front wheel drive, for me lighter is better. would have been interesting to see how a AWD would have performed. the SVX really impressed me and everyone was coming up to congratulationg me and oggling over the car. i can not tell you the number of requests i had to lift the hood.

i failed to mention this in my last post but one of the things they drilled into us was to straighten out corners by finding the apex and tracking out to set up for the next corner. they also focused on exit speed. they told me to sacrifice how fast you come in so you can be under control and exit quickly.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"