View Single Post
Old 04-30-2001, 09:28 AM
Lowered SVX

Talking

The SVX performed beautifully this weekend at a very technical road course. I drove against about four 911's, three 944's, one Boxter, one S2000, one 325i, and even a 535i. One newer 911 nailed me in the straight but I ate the others for lunch all over the track. Killed both the BMW's. The S2000 would lose me a little in the really technical corners but then I would catch him in the straight and in the long sweeping carousel corner. None of the 944's stood a chance. There was one turbo 944 and he could hang with me in the technical corners but ran off and left him in the straight. I thought the car would be slow and cumbersome but she handled beautiful, especially when I really pushed her. Top speed down the quarter mile straight was 110mph and I averaged 75mph throught the technical part of the course. The cross drilled rotors and carbon fiber pads from Dayle at Motorsport were awesome!! My Nitto Extreme performance tires held up really great and showed little wear. I ran 35 laps and about 200 miles and the car was strong all the way to the end. My exhaust modification really helped me in the torque dept. especially in the straight. I could really feel the topend power as I drove by 911 Carrera's! There is nothing more awesome then having the ability and the control to put the car you love through it's paces and watch it out perform cars you never thought it could. Great fun this weekend and I recommend anybody get involved with a Porsche Club of America or BMW event. I drive in a BMW event in June and another PCA event in October. Everyone was impressed with the SVX's looks of course but they were most impressed with the surprising performance. This car was made to drive fast and hard.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"

Last edited by 1994SubaruSVX; 04-30-2001 at 01:16 PM.