View Single Post
Old 01-08-2008, 12:26 PM
Porsche Autofanatiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
Sadly I agree with certainty that the suggested experiment is doomed to failure. However I do not hold with some of the rather disparaging authoritative remarks as these could be personally hurtful.

From back in the thread it is fairly clear (Typo accepted) that the intended blower motor is rated at 225 volts AC mains power, and now we have 12 amps as an additional figure. A “good power inverter“ has been mentioned as a possible accessory.

As a guide the Figures at issue could be taken to indicate 2,700 watts. Rather high I would have thought for a portable tool intended to use a long extension lead, but quite possible. It should be appreciated that these motors along, with those in vacuum cleaner, can be run at very high levels of efficiency due to a vast amount of cooling intake cunningly utilised.

Calculation indicates 3,6 HP. and not 0.19 HP as has been stated. Surely it is obvious the this sort of squirt would not blow powder from a ladies puff, much less leaves off a garden path.

The correct comment would have been to draw attention to the fact that rewinding the motor for 12/36 volt operation would not be cost affective even if feasible. Secondly that an inverter capable of delivering 2.7 KW is a costly exercise and considerable losses would occur during conversion. Even as an experiment, the figures do not add up.

Ah yes correction most definitely needed on my part there with the voltage at hand. Correct math, incorrect variable Still at hand, and as stated even 3.6 hp just won't add up to what he needs to make this work(and be worthwhile financially)

-Adam