View Single Post
Old 09-04-2006, 06:02 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

A good set of undimpled or slotted rotors will stop a car faster than slotted/dimpled will 95% of the time. Mine lasted 140k on my SVX with no vibration whatsoever. Replaced because they were out of spec in size. You can get Chinese made rotors for about $40 a set fronts and $50 a set rears. Most are decent too, It is only when the rotors become insanely hot (which for normal spirited driving should never happen in reality). Changing fluid and bleeding the brakes does much more than anything I've ever noticed from ss lines. If you do decide to go with ss lines it isn't all that hard provided you know how to bleed brakes. I wouldn't waste my money buying them from a premade company as they tend to have plastic strut mount tabs (which will break from heat and then you just lost any advantage you might have gotten) besides, look in the phone book for a local hydrolic shop. Take you're old ones in and in a day you'll have industrial grade ss hoses for less than what you'd pay from an aftermarket supplier.