View Single Post
Old 03-22-2001, 03:49 PM
Debo

Send a message via AIM to cxt2001
Question

I was driving my 92 and i stopped on a pretty steep incline to pull out into traffic and was in drive gear, and their was a different way i wanted to exit the place i was at, so i released my foot off the brake and started rolling back in drive so i could turn around. I started to gain some speed (not fast or anything) than all of a sudden i heard a ~clung!! sound, so i hit the brake and stopped and was wondering what the hell it was than i released the brake again than when i was coming up on a curb i went to hit the brake and there was like no response and very little stopping power(like the car in neutral trying to stop) i finally get the thing stopped and go to hit the gas to go forward and nothing. Im not sure if the car cut off or what i just knew it wasnt moving. So i say sh*t and put it in park and shut it off. Than start it back up and put it in drive (praying) and it worked again. Anyways i thought at first it was a belt cuz ive needed to get them changed but obvious it wasnt that. Than i was like oh no the tranny (if i screwed that up) but it drove back home normal. Could it have just stalled? I think it did but am not sure. I was in the middle of the road and was hurrying.(didnt pay much attention to it). anyways sorry about the long post. But does anyone have a answer for me?? thanks, chris