View Single Post
Old 06-12-2005, 11:16 AM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
The main problem with the 4eat is the heat and that '92 - early '94 models had a filter in the radiator that gets clogged up easily creating even more heat and stress on the tranny. Getting an aftermarket cooler and an aftermarket filter would greatly improve the life of the tranny. I've also heard the wheelbearings can be a b****, but dont know this first hand (thank god ). I dont know to much about the manual swap as i've been looking more at keeping the auto but swapping to a 4.11 final gear.

Im on dial-up still also, so I know how you feel.

A nice '92 can be found for less than $5K, it just takes alittle time. I bought my '95 with 91k miles on it for $4k out the door.

LS-L is a fully loaded '92 model (its the same as an LSI) it was changed in '94. An L model SVX can be found with AWD (with the Active Safety Group option). I've heard talk of RWD SVX's but again I dont know much info on that as I havent really researched it. The transfer ratio is a variable 90/10, it changes under driver input and road conditions(it can go up to a 50/50 split under certain conditions).

The ECUtune Stage III supercharger was just released not more than a month ago I think. I have an ECUtune Stage I chip and judging from its quality, Stage III should be very reliable IMHO. It does have a $5k-$6k price tag though. Theres some threads on here about it with more detailed info on it.

This forum is full of great people, any information you would want to know about these amazing cars is here, the people here are geniuses(Sp?) when it comes to SVX's (and sometimes even other stuff). I wish you luck on finding a nice SVX (they all are nice, some just need alittle more TLC).

dustin

1992 Ebony LS-L w/191k miles Mods: a few and acouple more

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

1992 Pearly LS-L w/154k miles Sold Mods: 4.11, rust

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company

Last edited by odepaj; 06-12-2005 at 11:19 AM.