View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 05:08 PM
Headin' for the hills

Registered SVX
Re: Last chance for Gargoyles SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle View Post
I am willing to take a loss to see this car live on ( I would even take $3000 with out the stereo )
Why should I not take advantage of one of the few times my taxes will benefit me personally.
Two times now I get someone who does not know me or of my situation criticizing my decision & what was that decision ??
To Lose about 2 grand to try and save her by offering it to friends..
Thats why on gods green earth I would write these things.. Because I do in fact Love the car but its time for me to move on.. Good god man dont throw stones @ someone with out thinking it through.. Dont JUDGE least you be ......
I get the argument for taking the highest bid. Since you won't be driving it again either way, why not? I'm more pissed at the policy than anybody that chooses to take advantage of it. In this market, these cars are very difficult to sell. My car is sneaking up on 200k miles. Nobody but the government is going to offer me $4500 for it. I hope you saw my cross post to your first thread. This isn't personal. I only wish our whole nation could share in my outrage at this gratuitous waste of tax money.
'92 LS-L "Bandit" #362 formerly dark teal, repainted by prev owner
Mods: ECUTune 2v7f, Earthworm bushings, Pioneer DVD/Bluetooth phone, Infinity Reference all around, tint, 17" wheels, custom seat belt computer, velcro visor

Buying parts is like car payments. Someday she'll be all mine.