Thread: Sunsroof
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 07:13 PM

Registered SVX
Sunsroof

OK, I'm a newbie (bought my first one the day after Christmas this year) and I've read a lot of the posts on sunroofs but after using WD 40 now I have more problems than when I started. Did I mess up?
Here is what started all this. I just picked up my car and started going over the things I would like to address (which aren't that many for a 15 year old car). The sunroof would open and close but only after having to "bump" the switch in either direction. So I read where lubricating it would help. I applied WD 40 and now it has major difficulty. Motor is fine, but has trouble opening, slides back great, then has difficulty sliding forward (takes two or three "bumps" of switch) and then refuses to close flush unless I push up on the sunroof (which was not an issue before WD 40...should have left it alone).
There are a lot of post out there that tell me different things. Can anyone streamline any of this for me?
And where in the world is the "clutch" located so I can try and make an adjustment.
Thanks for all your help and patience. I love this car.
Gary

Last edited by gwomack; 12-29-2008 at 07:15 PM. Reason: added info