View Single Post
Old 03-30-2006, 03:49 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwd1985
Well when I had my alternator replaced 5 months ago, I had the battery replaced with it. It has a 75 month warranty, so im not terribly worried about that. What is interesting to me is that I made the trip from Denver to Fort Collins (about 70 miles), and then from Fort collins to Loveland and back (about 30 miles) and then from my house to school and back (another 4 miles) without any problems. So I have run about 104 miles since the problem, without it showing up again. It is very strange. I just went out and tightened everything battery and alternator wise (even though nothing was really loose). I inspected everything I could, and didnt find any problems anywhere. Pulled the engine codes, none there. So I am at a loss for words...
It appears that you experienced an intermittent fault, the electricians nightmare, because the cause is so difficult to reproduce in order to trace the problem. You will have to keep your fingers crossed and hope that it was a one off.

If it happens again, try to note all the symptoms one by one. Make notes as later it is very difficult to be absolutely positive of the exact original evidence. I suggest this from long experience. Intermittent faults are a real bugger. (Interested to see if that expletive is accepted here. In this part of the world it has appeared without censure in a major TV Toyota advertisement.) *<)

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!