View Single Post
Old 06-21-2005, 01:54 PM
Mr Soob

Cool You trolled me!

Firstly, you need to define classes of cars. Once you've got clear definitions of what you are talking about, you can't start telling people what it is or isn't. But for the most part, the GT coupe isn't synonymous with sports car, and the SVX is usually considered a GT or Luxury Coupe.

As for "what the SVX can beat", you are blurring the definition way too much here. I'll be willing to bet I can beat old school racing cars, "back in the days of black and white", and so on. This is called comparing apples with kitchen tables. Cars can only be compared across similar classes, otherwise you are being totally daft. Similar years, similar purpose. Who cares about whether you can beat old school Ferraris/and how that makes the SVX a sports car? To prove a point, I will state the following:

MY SVX CAN BEAT MANY DIFFERENT MODELS OF LAMBORGHINIS - Some even have more HP than my SVX (265HP)
This means it can beat Lamborghinis and is thus a true supercar.

Don't believe me? Check it out yourself:
HTML Code:
http://www.inlon.com.au/AppsProd.aspx?app=Lamborghini&brand=Lamborghini
Not one person here can refute my claim. If you assemble any of those Laborghinis on a race track for a 1/4 mile or 10 laps of Laguna Seca, the only way I'd lose is through mechanical failure or driver error.

Doesn't mean I drive a sports car. Doesn't even mean I'm driving a tractor.

My point: The STi is an STi. You want to stick an STi badge on your ride? Go for it. I have seen STi badges on Hyundais. Do what makes you feel good. But your car won't be an STi any more than mine would be a Lamborghini if I got a Lambo badge and stuck it on.

Will people respect you for it? Probably not - you have a unique car, and labelling it is doing nothing but detracting from its natural beauty. Besides, other SVX drivers know there is no STi SVX. Some of the Joe Averages do too.

If you really want to be able to call it an STi, save up, send it to Subaru Technica Int'l and say "Make it quick, make it stop, make it fun to drive...". They'll send it back with the stickers on it already for you. Alternatively, buy all STi parts and convert everything on your SVX.

But I ain't wanting to sit here and insult you, no sir. But badges aren't earned with modifications. They are allocated by the people who make the cars. There is nothing to prove with a badge. Prove it by being a down-to-earth guy, with a nice car, and someone who doesn't pose because his car has the coolest badges and the lowest suspension.
/troll reaction
'93 SVX Black on Burgundy > Completely stock, under preservation, treated like a princess. (55,000km, 1 previous owner) Not For Sale
'92 SVX Black on Burgundy > Completely stock, under preservation, treated like a princess. (144,000km, 2 previous owners) Not For Sale
Wife, Red Hot when riled > Treated like a princess. Minister For Finance, Domestic Affairs and Diplomatic Relations. Definitely Not For Sale
My Wanted List: http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...178#post632178

Last edited by McTaff; 06-21-2005 at 01:57 PM.