View Single Post
Old 12-15-2004, 09:52 AM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark
wow, you are on the crack. a search on Autotrader shows a '91 ZR1 Vette (with only 14k miles no less) 62 miles away from me for $33.5k. not quite $100k, is it?
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...lor=&cardist=62
My drug habits are none of your business.

I said the ZR1 COULD fetch 100g's. Besides, the example you gave me has two accidents on it's record. You'll have to do better than that.

Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark
no, the point is, as i've said several times already (do you read the posts?), is that the Corvette is a bargain, however, with a 400hp V8 it beats a 315hp H-6 by only 2 tenths of a second in both 0-60 and the 1/4 mile. are you with me so far? here's what you fail to understand: the comparison is stupid. they are two different cars with two different design philosophies that would never compete in the marketplace
I'll agree with you that the Vette's real strong point is it's price. But both it and the Porsche are two seat, high performance sports cars. How much closer do they have to be to be "legally" compared?

The Z06's computer estimated 0-60 was 3.6 seconds. That's based on the factory 515hp rating. As with all GM sports cars, we expect the Vette to be grossly underrated - the 400hp rated Z51 puts out 380-390 at the wheels, so it should be rated more in the 420-430hp range. That will have to wait until the ZO6 comes out, but following the trend, we should see 510hp or better to the WHEELS...which would be nearly 550hp crank. I'm betting 0-60 in 3.5.

I'm not trying to say that the Porsche and the Vette are the exact same car at heart. I'll agree they really are quite different. But I don't see a problem with comparing the two...they were built with the same mission - performance and style. The 911 and Vette have been compared on manyp occasions in the past. Even C&D said they've been doing it for 20 years.

Quote:
Originally posted by PA_SVX
I agree with Alan in that it's apples to oranges, and with shadow that in pure bang for buck the Vette knows no competitor.
AHH there's always an excuse. It's fun to watch Porsche fans cry after their hero was outdone by a chevy. To me, it's expected. To you, it's impossible? Get used to it.

BTW, using the "bang for the buck" argument only makes the Porsche look worse. Showing that you are getting no more for alot more money.