View Single Post
Old 12-14-2004, 12:55 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Quote:
Originally posted by rmjensen
No - but I must say I like the Chevy Cobalt -> Corvette commercials the best - I think they're funny. Have you seen the pricetag for the cobalt though? They're smokin crack.
Why? The Cobalt SS will top out at about $21,000. The 2003 Cavalier LS was $20,200 and sold well. The Dodge Neon SRT-4 is over $20,000 and doesn't come with simple things like full power windows, a good stereo, etc. The Cobalt SS even has leather. It's a bargain really.

Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark
well, i've you're looking for a bargain, then the Vette is your car, until it comes time to sell. the Porsche will hold its value, unlike the plummeting Vette. considering the Vette has an 85hp advantage over the 911, it SHOULD have beat it by far more. its apples to oranges. compare pricetags, Vette wins. compare the 911 Turbo (with comparable horsepower to the Vette), it will lose hard. there's a reason you're going to pay more for the Porsche, and that will become apparent 20 years down the road.
You don't have to cry about it Alan, take it like a man.

Bottom line...the vette is cheaper and still won the comparo. AND it will hold it's value just as much as the porsche, not to mention it will cost alot less to fix all around.

Quote:
Originally posted SVXer95
by BMWs seem to handle crappy roads and still have no gap.
Sure, if I put $10,000 (about the difference in price between my car new and a comparable BMW) into my suspension, I could say the same and more. In fact, i could do it with less than half that. The Caddy CTS and STS have almost ZERO wheel gap and ride better than most BMWs, IMO.

Quote:
Originally posted by upnygimp
Nothing will ever take the place of the GT. The Z06 is nice and all, but its not a GT. Much more heritage behind it, much more style. I do like the Z06, and its an incredibly solid car, but it just doesnt evoke the same feelings that the GT does.
That's a matter of opinion. I feel exactly the opposite of the way you do. The GT40 was a rough, very focused car designed for a single purpose. At that, it excelled. The Corvette has excelled at much more than just being a fast car. It's also been in full production every year since it's inception. Stylewise, the GT is nothing special. Seems to me like there's no contest. But then that is just my opinion.

Last edited by Shadow248; 12-14-2004 at 01:00 PM.