View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 12:48 AM
Registered Abuser

Chromed OEM wheels for sale in nice shape - Portland-ish, OR

TIRES ARE SOLD!
RIMS ARE $120 plus shipping

I just got a set of 18" Maxima 7-spoke rims and Conti Extremes. I Plasti-dipped them white(Bad idea, won't ever do that again). I got a compliment the first two days out...........So my chromies can go to a new home.

My 92 came with a set of hazy factory rims on it. So hazy that I thought they were polished. But I hand-polished them six times and now they look real nice and are definitely chrome. One of the right rims has a little ding in the outermost edge. Very small. Otherwise, they are in good shape. Two have very nice Falken GRBs on them at the stock size of 225/50-16. They have 8/32's" of tread. The other pair has Ventus HTR-IIs on them at 6.5/32's" tread same size.

If the tires were born with the same diameter, then at 1.5/32" difference, they are within the 2/32" tolerance allowed by Subaru. But that is ONLY if they are manufactured exactly the same diameter/circumference.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=62201

Here is a thread with some info on the rims and where Alan mentions how important it is to have matching tires on Subaru AWD. I kind of blew him off(sorry bro) a little bit because I don't keep cars very long, but what he states is very true. 1/4" of circumference is the max difference. I will measure the circumference of all 4 tires and see if they are within spec. But I am willing to sell the rims with 4, 2, or 0 tires. Personally, I am more excited by the Falkens.

TIRES ARE GONE

$120 for all 4 wheels

Photos to follow.

Last edited by elninoalex; 11-22-2013 at 11:57 AM.