View Single Post
Old 02-06-2008, 06:19 PM

poslished intake manifold pictures...

Well fellas, sometimes when I get bored, I get a little crazy. On my probe I hd bunch of polished stuff, and I really like the look of it. I'm trying to decide whether or not to leave this manifold polished, or to chrome it. Polished looks GREAT, but it's very high maintenance. Chrome also looks very great, but costs more, and I don't have the satisfaction of knowing that I did it myself. Also, when you chrome something, it just takes on whatever surface is there to begin with, so if I DO decide to chrome, I'll still need a finish like this anyways. I am a very hands-on kind of guy, so I get a good feeling when I get something done and it turns out better than I expected. Once I get it all done, I'll make my final decision on which route to take.

That said, he are some photos of a spare IM that I recently purchased for just this purpose.

The pictures kind of glare, (duh, it's polished) but if you bear with me, it'll all be worth it.
Here is the side that has not been done.

Cleaning up and deburring some casting marks, smoothing everything out so it has good curves.

More of the same...

What it looks like when it's done. Well... done-ish. There is some final polishing left.

Before and after.

Another shot.

Here's a decent front shot.

So, curious to know what you all think. I for one, like how it looks, and just may decide to put this on the car when I do some maintenance things come springtime. Can't wait to get it all done though, and then sit back and take a look at it.

Also, I hope the pictures work, this is the first I've posted pictures here in a while! Enjoy.

Also, here is a picture of the probe's enginebay all fingerprinted and dirtied up, but it at least lets you know what I'm talking about.

That's that!

Home of the Bontrager Works 22mm rear sway bar!!

Last edited by Nevin; 02-06-2008 at 06:30 PM.