View Single Post
Old 05-03-2005, 08:53 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

I changed all four rotors and switched to new PBR semi metallic pads earlier this year. Got the complete kit along with some high temp brake fluid from Ben at RaceConcepts for $287 shipped.

The job itself is still fresh in my mind and took me about 4 hours - I had no power tools and only two jack stands. It was quite straight forward and I had no real issues.

-The caliper brackets can be a pain to remove but using a rubber mallet I was able to loosen them relatively easily.

-Remember to have the parking bake down when doing the rear rotors or they won't come off!

-As the new rotors and pads will be thicker than the ones coming off your car, you'll need to slightly loosen the 10mm cap at the top of each caliper and push down on the caliper pistons to increase the inside clearance a little. Don't loosen the cap too much or air will get into the system. Also, unscrew the brake fluid reservoir cap in the engine bay and make sure in doesn't overflow after pushing in the pistons on all four calipers.

-Finally, double and triple check your work at the end to be certain that everything is torqued down nicely. Your braking system can be your last 'touch' with reality.

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)