Thread: Oil Leak
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 11:15 PM

Registered SVX
Oil Leak

Ok, so I started my engine up...she fired first try

But, after a few moments I heard something funny, my friend looked at all the pulleys to find the source of the sound. I suspected a loose belt, or something of that sort (it was kind of a squeal).

He didn't see anything out of the ordinary up top, so he looked underneath the car, and saw a large oil leak. 2 Quarts or more. I shut the car off, she ran for maybe 10 seconds .

The oil was coming from the timing cover, but that's all that could be seen. I tore the front end of the engine down, and to my surprise the cam seals and the front main seal were completely dry, no evidence of oil around them. The leak appears to be coming from the oil pump. Now I am having a little trouble removing the damn thing because of the silicone used to seal it.

Maybe I did not seal it good enough, maybe I lost a bearing. I have no ****ing clue right now. I am going to attempt to remove the oil pump for further inspection.

Anybody have any ideas what could have possibly happened? I honestly don't actually think it's a bearing, but I am not sure.

Oh, P.S. SHE SOUNDED AMAZING!

'92 Ls-L Dark Teal
11:1 CR ECUTUNE pistons
ECUTUNE .256 duration intake/exhaust cams
ECUTUNE STAGE 2AV1 ECU
Z32 MAF/SR20DET injectors
Balanced & Blueprinted