Old 12-04-2007, 04:16 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
Thank you Joe,

I agree with you in that the original issue has been confused as a result an unfortunate and rudely worded post raising the starter circuit as being applicable. The inhibitor switch adjustment should be corrected as per your original post so as to prevent the possibility of associated issues.

I had accepted that you could have been referring to a relay, but there is no starter relay as such. However US cars which have cruise control, have this involved in the start circuit in a way which is not clearly disclosed in the manual, and this could well be what you had in mind.

A thread dated 2005, whereby the fitting of a relay was originally proposed and detailed by Beav, but now has been usurped by Keith, includes advice that the relay caused problems with cruise control as well as other unresolved issues. Refer:-

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25362
That's a good thread Trevor, thanks. I don't remember reading it at the time, but you know the way it goes; you don't bother reading up on problems that you don't have.

Beav's problem seemed to be the inhibitor switch, so for sure that certainly needs to be carefully aligned to start with.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl