View Single Post
Old 12-04-2007, 04:29 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwren View Post
This information is for Fil in case It might help him.
After weeks of anguish with my SVX start, won't start thing I discovered that there was an irratic lo voltage problem from the ignition switch start terminal. The correct voltage was always there to the ignition sw, but sometimes as little as 8 volts at the terminal to the starter. That is how Trevor knows there even was a low voltage problem. I am the only one here that knows what causes the low voltage, and if anyone cares, please send a personal message and I will tell you.
I personally don't think it is relevant since with my design my car has started hundreds of times since I worked out the solution and always better than it ever started even when it worked at it was designed. (yes, Trevor, I drive over 50,000 miles a year and have for over 50 years so don't try to prove I am lying}.

If anyone doesn't like my idea, this information is not you, and you can "just Get over it" !! I just try to help. (Most of you know who that refers to).

I solved the problem with a design that doesn't adversely affect the operation of any system on my cars. (I had the same problem on both my SVX's and many others here have the same thing or will have it.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/atta...5&d=1195195468
Hi Keith

Your circuit looks good to me. The trigger voltage applies battery current direct to the starter circuit once the relay is energised.

I used the same circuit when powering up the 130 watt bulbs I used in my Renault 5GT Turbo. [in that case to keep the heavy current draw from burning the dipswitch, but the same idea]

Without Fil running a check to see what voltage applies at the starter, we don't know yet if this is his problem. However this extra relay looks a good cure, if low voltage is the culprit.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl