Thread: Large Brake kit
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2003, 12:37 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Motorsport-SVX

You guys dont know the rules of manufacturing....
but Ill explain.....
If they can make one rotor that fits a variety of cars = lower cost and overhead
If they can use the same caliper to fit several cars = lowers cost of overhead etc
Every large brake manufacturer does it this way:
Baer, Brembo, Precision you name it.....
Once they have the main components on hand, then they can build rest of the kit for much less $ to fit individual cars.
No need for proportioning valve, your not going from drum to disc, its just not needed. Guess you could add one at the owners descretion, but these guys do nothing BUT brakes systems and have for yrs, I tend to trust their opinion and not question every
little thing since I dont have half the brake experience or training they do.
You guys want a kit..??

Dayle,
Believe it or not, I do know the rules of manufacturing (actually had to take a course in at to get my Mech Engineering degree ). I might just agree with you on the proportioning valve - assuming one did the back and front at the same time. So, the manufacturer gave you something in writing stating that a new proportioning valve isn't necessary?
How about that "for racing use only" tag?
-Bill
p.s. yeah, I'd be very interested...will they fit with the 17 inch rims I'm bidding on?

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker