Thread: Helloooo...
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2011, 08:11 AM
Either committed, or should be

Send a message via ICQ to thumper_svx Send a message via Yahoo to thumper_svx
Registered SVX
Re: Helloooo...

Welcome back, Nick

Now that I'm back in an SVX we really should try to meet up sometime after you get her running again. I must admit, getting back into an SVX a few months back felt "right" in ways I cannot describe.

No, the car doesn't handle like my BMW 545i... nor does it accelerate like it. But for a complete driving experience it's really hard to put your finger on exactly why the SVX just works so damned well. The steering is numb, it tends to plow in tight corners... but get that car out on a decent fast road and it just feels like you could go all day. Hell I drove mine back from Denver and there was nary a whimper from my usually rather fussy back

Once I get the 545i out of my garage (sold it... but the buyer isn't picking it up until sometime next week) I need to get mine up on jack stands. The front brakes are dragging a bit... hopefully the calipers aren't in need of a rebuild because the only other transport I have left is my motorbike... and it's been a little soggy to ride that lately

My Rides:
Red 1996 SVX LSi (Saffron)
2007 Yamaha FJR1300 (Kaitlin)

Previously owned; green '95 L AWD (sold), black/pearlie '94 LSi (too many problems), Polo Green '96 SVX LSi (apparently notThe end of an era)

Member #2 in the Yahoo! club, been here since the beta-testing days. In dire need of a cheaper hobby.