Thread: Helloooo...
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 08:12 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Helloooo...

Okay, I'm not sure when I posted last. It was probably a few months ago, when I mentioned selling my '93. I just wanted to say a quick 'hello' and fill you guys in.

I have wavered back and forth between 'I'm selling it first chance I get' and 'I can't possibly sell this car.' I've done this for years, and it really started when I stopped driving it.

I'm collecting the parts I need to make the car truly roadworthy again. When I parked it, the water pump was leaking and the tires were bad. I have the water pump. Actually, I bought the pump in 2007. I even lost the pump for a couple years. I found it again last year. Hooray.

While I'm in there anyway, I'm gong to replace the timing belt again (I last replaced it about 15k miles, but ten years, ago). I'm also going to do the cam seals, valve cover gaskets, front main seal, oil pan gasket, and whatever else I can find that's leaking.

I started the car for the first time since my son was born (he's 15 months old now) last Sunday. It cranked for a few seconds, but started right up and settled into a happy idle. Good car.

The interior is slightly moldy, so I've had the windows open and several open boxes of baking soda in the car to get rid of the smell.

Honestly, I'm genuinely excited to drive it again. I hope to within a month or so, but work is definitely conspiring against that goal.

Anyway, hi. I still have an SVX. I still love it. I have no idea whether I'll keep it, but at this point it's worth more to me than the couple grand I might get for it. I've had the car for almost twelve years at this point.

Nick

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE